Buffalo Valley Rail Trail
BUFFALO VALLEY RAIL TRAIL FACTS
Restrooms: Restroom accommodations at the Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Vicksburg trailheads.
Trail activities: Bike, Inline Skating, Wheelchair Accessible, Mountain Biking, Walking, Cross Country Skiing
The Buffalo Valley Rail Trail neighbors multiple farms throughout the length of the trail. There are 7 crossings (shown on the map below) where trail users should be cautious of farm machinery potentially crossing the trail. Be aware that farm machinery does not always have the best visibility, so confirm they see you before crossing.
Trail users, remember to stay on the trail. If you see any livestock along the trail, do not feed or harass the animals.
- Trail open from dawn to dusk
- No motorized vehicles or horses permitted
- Obey traffic signs at all crossings
- Keep to the right—call out when passing
- Keep dogs on a short leash and clean up after them
- Do not litter—carry in, carry out
- Do not disturb or feed wildlife or livestock
- Do not cut or remove vegetation or crops
- Park only in designated areas
- Respect our rail trail neighbors: stay on trail; keep quiet
- No alcoholic beverages, camping or fires
- No hunting on or from the trail
- Be Alert—Be Courteous
- No Graffiti or Any Vandalism